STEPS FOR SELF-HYPNOSIS
- Place yourself in a comfortable position, preferably in a sitting or semi-reclining position.
- Close your eyes. Take 3 deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- Focus your attention at the top of your head, or begin at your feet. Tell your muscles to relax, such as "Scalp, relax. Forehead, relax. Etc." Work your way along your body, feeling and visualizing each muscle group relaxing.
- Call upon or surround yourself with some kind of protection, such as an angel or white light. This is merely to shield you from outside mental influences.
- Count backwards from 10 to 1, imagining yourself in a situation where youíre going down steps, an elevator, or an escalator. With each count, say "Deeper, deeper, drifting down, down." If you feel especially tense, count yourself down twice.
- Set your biological time clock, indicating how much time you wish to spend in self-hypnosis.
- Imagine yourself in a special place. This may be a place from your childhood, a vacation, or it may be someplace imaginary. Itís someplace where you feel safe, and peaceful. See the things around you, hear the sounds, smell the fragrances, touch the things around you. Allow this place to become very vivid in your mindís eye.
- Now imagine your desired goal several times. This may be a visualization, an affirmation or a phrase that relates to your goal. Utilize all the senses, feel all the sensations of your goal as an accomplished fact, in the present, and make sure your wording is positive.
- End your session when the time is up by counting from 1 to 7, and giving yourself the suggestions that youíll awaken refreshed, alert, peaceful, and feeling great.
Copyright Ó 2000 Linda Ann Stewart
All Rights Reserved
Back to Steps For Self-Hypnosis