Posted December 1, 2005
Top Ten Ways to Live Authentically
Tips to Live YOUR life!
1. Know your purpose. Are you wandering through life with little direction - hoping that you'll find happiness, health and prosperity? Identify your life purpose or mission statement and you will have your own unique compass that will lead you to your truth north every time.
2. Know your values. What do you value most? Make a list of your top 5 values. Some examples are security, freedom, family, spiritual development, learning. As you set your goals - - check your goals against your values. If the goal doesn't align with any of your top five values - you may want to reconsider it or revise it.
3. Know your needs. Unmet needs can keep you from living authentically. Take care of yourself. Do you have a need to be acknowledged, to be right, to be in control, to be loved? List your top four needs and get them met!
4. Know your passions. Honor those things that make your heart sing. Whatever it is, do more of it!
5. Live from the inside out. Increase your awareness of your inner wisdom by regularly reflecting in silence. Commune with nature. Breathe deeply to quiet your distracted mind.
6. Honor your strengths. What are your positive traits? What special talents do you have? List three - if you get stuck, ask those closest to you to help identify these. Are you imaginative, witty, good with your hands? Find ways to express your authentic self through your strengths.
7. Take time to play. Give yourself time to recharge doing things you love to do or by just doing nothing.
8. Be aware of your self-talk. Are you blocking your potential? Check out your first thoughts when you wake tomorrow. Are they supportive, encouraging or positive? Choose the kind of chatter that's goes on in your mind. Become aware of the negative messages you give yourself. Gently catch them and turn them into positive affirmations.
9. Surround yourself with inspiration. Keep a success journal. Write down your four or five greatest strengths and post them where you can see them. On the last Friday of each month, write down all your accomplishments both big and small.
10. Serve others. When you live authentically, you may find that you develop an interconnected sense of being. When you are true to who you are, living your purpose and giving of your talents to the world around you, you give back in service what you came to share with others -your spirit - your essence.
Copyright © 2005 Ann Ronan
Ann Ronan, Ph.D., RScP is a Religious Science Practitioner. Join her in an ongoing Science of Mind Study Group by telephone. Visit AuthenticLifeInstitute.com for more info.
Home * Need A Speaker? * Hypnotherapy Appointments * Self-Esteem Teleseminar
Copyright © 2005 Linda Ann Stewart
Website maintained by Jeff Colburn of CreativeCauldron.com