Posted July 1, 2004
7 Secrets Of Success - How To Break The Chains That Bind You...
Caught in a fix? Doing a job you don't enjoy? Earning little money? Burdened down with responsibilities and problems you cannot cope with?...
Does this describe you?
It may. And even if it doesn't, you probably remember a time when some, or all of it, did apply. So, the question is, when you are chained to a situation like this, what can you do to liberate yourself? Here are some suggestions:
(1) Develop a clear vision of what you want in your life. You need a clear vision for what you want out of your life. Napoleon Hill called it a "major definite purpose". Without it, your life will be full of activity, but it will go precisely nowhere. You cannot arrive anywhere specific unless you decided to go there in the first place.
Hence, if your life has turned into a mess, it is primarily because you had no specific vision to guide you from the very beginning. That's not surprising. Hardly anyone has. We all follow each other, without much original thought, and end up in much the same fixes.
So, the first step is to get a clear vision. You need to spend a lot of time by yourself in self-examination. Make notes on every area of your life - physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, financial, professional, relationships, and so on - and develop a clear vision for your ideal future in each one.
In "The Freedom Series", Bob Proctor recommends the use of a goal card. You write your major definite purpose on it, and carry it around with you all the time, reading it as often as you can. In that way, you imprint this desire into your subconscious, which begins to go to work to attract into your life that which you continually desire and dwell upon.
Know that everything begins with the mind - for good or ill. Train your mind, and you can have anything you want in life.
(2) Get Knowledge. In order to be successful, you need a mentor: someone who already is what you aspire to become. You must either find such people, or at the very least study the written, audio and visual products that they have produced. Thanks to modern technology, you can go a long way in your quest by constant and never-ending study of the techniques of success. There are plenty of excellent products available to help you.
If you think you can get this information free, forget it. You get what you pay for in life. Freebie seekers remain poor precisely because they are reinforcing their subconscious mind with beliefs of poverty, through always seeking out franchisee stuff. Ask yourself if ANY successful person you have ever heard of is a freebie seeker? Do what successful people do, not what failures do.
True achievers know that the best investment they can ever make is in their own education. Successful people spend large amounts of money (often tens of thousands of dollars) attending seminars, purchasing books and courses, audiotape programs, and the like. People who are going nowhere fast in their lives do not.
You might argue that these people can afford to spend that kind of money, because they are already prosperous. Ironically, they are the people who LEAST need to, since they are already doing well. It's the people who MOST need this information who run shy from investing in it, and always seek the freebie route.
However, that's not for you. Resolve that in future, you will build your personal library of success material and invest money and time into yourself. If you believe you lack the money, find inessentials you can dispense with, and divert the funds from there to what is most important.
(3) Strategy. You need a clear plan to get where you want to go in life. As you work with the teachings of your mentor (whether live or through motivational products), gradually develop your plan for each life area. Be ready to be flexible and change parts of it, or even the entire plan, if it does not work for you.
Develop the vision, continually get the knowledge, create and develop your plans (and then monitor and alter them appropriately). Most people have no vision for their lives, have never sought knowledge that would help them, and have no plans for their lives apart from their holiday. Is it any wonder that they fail?
(4) Be Grateful. Gratitude opens the gates of heaven to bless you, and also opens up your mind to receive it. It is one of the key principles for creating wealth and abundance. No matter how dire your situation, you can always find plenty to be grateful for; even if it is the Sun, blue skies and bird song.
Your mind attracts more of what you focus upon. Focus upon your lack and you will get more of it. Focus on what you have and hope for, and even more good things must come your way.
Gratitude opens you to the Source, from which all good things come.
(5) Practice Your Future. You must live in your future NOW, without worrying too much about how you will achieve it. Even if your future seems impossible to you, begin to take regular times every day when you will visualize it as clearly as possible. Use all five senses and increasingly live in the world you desire to create. The subconscious cannot tell the difference between imagination and reality. Hence, whatever you imagine, the subconscious will go ahead and create for you. It does this by harnessing the infinite resources of the universe.
Actually, you are already doing this, although you may not be controlling the process. As stated several times, what you focus upon grows and you attract more of it to yourself. Hence, if your mind focuses on what is wrong with your life, your situation, or other people, that is what you will get more of. If you instead consciously focus upon what you want, and maintain a clear bright image of it, that is what you must get. It is a law of nature.
(6) Self-Esteem. A key reason why people fail to achieve even their OWN criteria for success is lack of self-esteem and low self-confidence. As well reported, much of this arises from childhood. The bad news is that if you are like most people, all that negative baggage remains with you. The good news is that you can get rid of it.
Low self-esteem is like driving with the hand brake on. You will not get far, no matter how hard you rev the engine. This is where self-sabotage comes from. No one can rise to dizzying heights of success if their success thermostat is set to a low level. It will always act to bring you back into its idea of balance, i.e. the life you are striving so hard to break free from! You have to drastically increase the level on the internal success thermostat if you expect to experience any enduring success. You need to get ALL parts of your inner psyche working in the same direction: working coherently to drive you to your desired outcome in life.
This is where getting the knowledge and strategies suggested in section (2) above is so vital. There are many excellent ways to improve your self-esteem. This is definitely a doable task, although not an easy one. Hence, you need to research this subject thoroughly and get to work to create high self-esteem in your life.
(7) Persistence. There is probably no more critical determiner of ultimate success than this. Most people fail and give up, which is why they cannot even achieve their own criterion of success. Often, we give up on the very brink of success, like the gold miner who drilled for months, and then gave up and sold the mine when he was just two feet away from the vein of gold (true story!).
Achieving your desired vision will not be easy. Then again, living a life of frustration, disappointment and continual under-achievement is not any easier. So why not opt for the former hard work instead of the latter?
Be persistent. Nothing can replace it. The less talented will overcome the more talented, and the tortoise will beat the hare. Thomas Edison and Henry Ford were just like everybody else, apart from this one quality. You will need to be persistent, because achieving anything worthwhile takes time and effort. You may have to even face ridicule. Persistence will get you through.
In this brief article, you have been given seven keys to achieving great success in your life. Review this article many times. Consider how to put its principles into your life. Do your research and build your knowledge. Invest in yourself. Dream your future and then live in your dreams until they become reality. Rid yourself of low self-esteem, and be persistent.
In ending, I do not wish you luck, because luck has nothing to do with it. Remember, there are no excuses. It all depends on you. May you prosper in every way.
Copyright © 2003 Asoka Selvarajah
Dr. Asoka Selvarajah is the author of "The 7 Golden Secrets To Knowing Your Higher Self" course. Asoka's work helps people achieve their full potential, deepen their understanding of mystical truth, and find joy in their true soul's purpose. He offers you a FREE 14-Day LifeBreakthrough e-mail course at aksworld.com.
Home * Need A Speaker? * Hypnotherapy Appointments * Self-Esteem Teleseminar
Copyright © 2004 Linda Ann Stewart